Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Math and Music

 A dear lady (@BrightEyedDyer on twitter) wrote a poem about Math in my honor.
She came up with the idea of writing one while reading "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Carrol to her 7yrold.
Here's the LINK to her website.
Here's the poem she wrote:


To double you add twice as much,
Treble is a clef;
Math and music intertwine,
I think I'm going deaf.

You count the measure one to four,
Unless it has a three;
To take the measure of a man,
Is something else you see.

The numbers spiral up and down,
Don't let them catch you sleeping;
The wild ones will nip your toes,
And then you will be weeping.

Tame them all with signs and such,
Make them march around;
They'll do your bidding soon enough,
And then take you to town.



Here's the LINK to her original Post
(She had tweeted me the stanza's on Twitter before I read her blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment